Saturday 14 April 2012

I’ve been SCREAMing all day, because Munch’s Scream is in London!



Yes, that’s right, Munch’s legendary work is on display at Sotheby’s auction house in London. However the members of public can see it only this weekend 14-15 of April, as it will be sold at Sotheby’s in New York on 2 May.
Since I heard about this on Friday, I decided that I would never miss it for the world; it might be the last time we can see Edward Munch’s Scream on a display before it goes to private collection. Though there are another 3 versions of Scream, which Norway don’t give to exhibit in another countries (due to some incidents happen when two of them had been stolen, but blessedly recovered) so unless you don’t plan to go to Norway in the very near future you should go and see it at Sotheby’s, you still have one more day to do that!
On Saturday morning, I headed down to Sotheby’s auction house; the atmosphere there was like in the airport, because to see Scream I had to go through 2 security gates. So when security and queue control was behind I was there in the small dark room with my favourite art creation. My dream came true! Though I more prefer the painted version of 1893 (it’s more dramatic to me); however the version that was presented at Sotheby’s is unique in its own way. It is different from the other three paintings with bright color palette. An estimate of £50 millions has been put on this work,  however the real price we can find out on 2 May when this painting will be sold. 


---------------------------------
Sotheby’s (2012). Sotheby’s. Available at: http://www.sothebys.com/en.html (Accessed: 14 April 2012).
Image: taken with my mobile phone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment